Homemade waffles with berries and ice cream
For the waffles
3 eggs, beaten
4 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
For the topping
Vanilla bean ice cream
Fresh strawberries or any fruit of your choice
1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC. Melt the butter and mix it with the beaten eggs and milk.
2. Add the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix together and stir well using a whisk until you have a smooth mixture.
3. Place the Lékué Waffle Moulds on an oven tray. Pour the batter into the moulds and bake in the middle of the oven for 8-9 minutes.
4. Remove the baking tray from the oven, turn the waffles out of the moulds and back onto the baking tray.
5. Cook with the pattern side up for a further 4-5 minutes until they are golden.
5. Top with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, generously drizzle with maple syrup and add a scattering of berries.
Isn’t it grand when kitchen tools become so fuss-free that you can cook and bake to your heart’s every whim? Now every day can be a Belgian holiday. Just like that.
With thanks to Jenna May Viney for the recipe and styling.