Easy gluten free buckwheat granola the kids can help make
200 g Buckwheat
100 g mixed nuts, roughly chopped – suitable for the age of your kids
50g dried chopped fruit e.g. fig, dates
2–3 Tbsp maple syrup, honey or agave nectar
25 g seeds e.g. pumpkin or sunflower
A handful of shredded coconut
1½ Tbsp melted coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Melt the coconut oil and mix in the maple syrup.
3. Mix the coconut oil mixture into the buckwheat and nuts until evenly coated.
4. Spread the mixture evenly over a tray and bake in the middle shelf of the oven.
5. After 5 minutes give it a shuffle and shake. Return to the oven for approximately 10 minutes until crispy and lightly golden.
6. Once cool, add dried fruit and coconut (optional to toast coconut for 2 minutes).
7. Store in an airtight container, ideally a glass jar for up to 2 weeks.
Options: Any nuts or fruit can be used and add more maple syrup or honey to increase the sweetness and conversely less to reduce it.
Tip: Some of this decanted into a little Consol or preserving jar makes for a really thoughtful gift.
What’s your easy. healthy breakfast go-to?
For more great recipes like this, sign up to our newsletter.