Classic baked vanilla cheesecake
For the base:
Melted butter, for greasing
250 g plain sweet biscuits
125 g butter, melted
For the filling:
3 x 250 g tubs cream cheese, at room temperature
250 g caster sugar
1 vanilla pod
½ lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
¾ cup cream
1. Preheat oven to 150°C. Brush a 20cm springform pan with the melted butter to lightly grease.
2. Place the biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until well combined.
3. Use the back of a spoon to press the biscuit mixture over the inside of the greased pan to evenly cover the base and up the sides. Place in the fridge while making the filling.
4. To make the filling, beat the cream cheese, caster sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl until the mixture is light and creamy. Add the lemon rind, lemon juice, eggs and cream. Beat until well combined and the mixture is light and fluffy.
5. Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until golden and just set in the centre. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
6. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight to firm. Remove from the fridge 10 minutes before serving.
For a bit of added decadence, top your cheesecake with fresh berries, melted chocolate or salted caramel.