Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
KAI’s Shun Premier Series combines KAI’s famous Damascus layered knives with a hand-hammered surface, known as Tsuchime in Japan. KAI Premier combines timeless aesthetic qualities with ultimate sharpness, reducing drag when cutting and preventing food from sticking to the blade. The ergonomicaly shaped handle of brown walnut fits comfortably in the hand and is suitable for both right-handed and left-handed use.
A chef's knife is quintessential to any home cook. It's the perfect tool to chop, dice, slice and mince a variety of ingredients.
- Handcrafted by the expert master forgers of Seki City, Japan
- Made from corrosion resistant 32 layer damask steel
- Embellished with a hand-hammered surface, known in Japan as Tsuchime
- Blades have a core of VG-10 steel with a Rockwell hardness of 61
- Handle is made from walnut
KAI Japan is recognized as one of the world leaders in the manufacture of premium level chefs knives, highly appreciated by top-class professionals as well as ambitious hobby chefs. For over 100 years, KAI Japan has been driven by a constant drive for aesthetic design, technical innovation and outstanding quality, enjoying cult status in Japan. These amazing razor-sharp knives are created in Seki City, Japan’s 700-year-old centre for Samurai swords.
- Blade length: 20cm
- Handle length: 12cm
- Always wash the knives by hand in order to protect the material and maintain long lasting sharpness
- Immediately after each use, clean the blade under running water and dry with a soft cloth
- Never place the blades in the dishwasher
- Occasionally oil the handle with some neutral oil
- Use only wooden boards or plastic cutters with medium strength
- Keep the knives in a blade protector, either in a knife block, on a wall magnetic board
- Blades are not suitable for cutting bones (including of fish) or frozen foods
This product comes with a 10 year warranty.
Customer Reviews & Ratings
5.0 out of 5 stars from 1 review
A beautiful knife. The blade is obviously exceptionally sharp. I would have preferred a little more weight at the end as the knife feels very light. The walnut handle is the highlight of the knife. I think it’s worth the little extra over the standard handle.
I would recommend this product to a friend.