If coffee on the go sounds like your cup of java, the AeroPress will be right up your alley. Designed to take the complications out of coffee, the AeroPress combines the infusing properties of the French press with the pressure of the espresso.
- Light, portable coffee maker
- 3 different brewing options including traditional, inverted and the perfect brew
- Makes 1 Americano or enough for 4 espressos
- Gives you the freedom to play with the ground coffee to water ratio to produce your perfect brew
- Set includes a plunger, a chamber, a seal, a filter cap, a filter holder and 350 micro-filters, a scoop, a stirrer and a funnel
- All parts are dishwasher safe
In the traditional method, the press is popped on top of a cup, grounds and water added, and stirred. The coffee begins to drip into the cup immediately, along the same lines as a filter coffee machine, and then pressure is added to force the rest of the water through the grounds, as with espresso.
In the inverted method, the whole apparatus is turned on its head, and grounds and water are added to the mixing chamber, with no drip-through. These are stirred for a few seconds for pre-infusion then, with a cup on the top, the entire thing is flipped over, and pressure is applied to force the water through the grounds.
The perfect brew:
The same rules apply to AeroPress coffee as it does to filter and espresso: the water to ground coffee ratio changes according to what kind of coffee you like. Two scoops will make a double espresso, 1 Americano, depending on the amount of water you add. Pour water in, up to the 2 mark, then stir. If you're making Americanos (or have used more grounds for more coffees), then add more water.
- Dimensions: 11cm x 11cm x 29.5cm
- Weight: 500 - 600g
All parts dishwasher safe (except filter papers, which should be discarded when used).