Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
There's nothing more satisfying than eating food you grew yourself, and with Sow Delicious, you can do that anywhere. Each pack contains a slab of soil, organic fertiliser and heirloom, non-GMO seeds. They are designed to work perfectly in pots, so no matter how little space you have, you can grow your own food.
- Beautiful, edible flowers that are perfect for salads or as a garnish
- Slab designed to enable you to snap a block off and plant it separately from the rest, in a pot, or alongside other plants in the ground
- Each slab contains three types of seed for variety
- The slab design helps to keeps seeds in the perfect, moist environment they need to grow for up to 3 times longer than normal soil
- All parts fully bio-degradable and made in South Africa
- See good time to plant according to where you live
- This slab contains: Star-flower Borage, Signet Marigolds, Viola
- Like to grow next to: beans, cauliflower, lettuce, onions, squash and tomatoes
- These sky blue flowers start off with buds that look like water drops that turn into star blossoms when they fully open. They have a beautiful flavour reminiscent of fresh cucumber and watermelon and the more you pick, the more will grow. Just snip off the hard black anthers and keep the petals to eat. The borage plant itself encourages beneficial insects to come into your garden and the roots nourish the soil.
- Not to be confused with the more common French Marigold we grow in South African gardens. These Marigolds find their origin in Mexico, South America and they are the only marigolds that are edible. They have fine lacy foliage and soft buttercup looking flowers that have a gentle spicy flavour with citrus notes.
- These beautiful multicoloured blossoms are the size of a 20c coin and look beautiful in any salad, adding a sweet rose like flavour to your salad. Pick often to encourage vigorous flowering. Tip: freeze in ice blocks to add a lovely touch to any cool drink.
- Light: Full sun
- Harvest: 8 – 12 weeks
- Seed: 100% Heirloom
- Grows 3 varieties: Calendula, Camomile, Viola
- Organic fertiliser and pesticide: These flowers not only taste great but they repel garden pests and nourish the soil