Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Removing old and crumbling corks from wine bottles can be frustrating and difficult to achieve using most normal bottle opener. This vintage style opener is great for gently removing old and brittle corks from bottlenecks without crumbling them.
- To use, slide the longer prong in between the cork and the bottle and shimmy it down until the shorter prong can also be wedged into the gap on the other side
- Using a back and forth shimmy movement, move the two prongs down, until they lie either side of the cork and the points are below the bottom of the cork
- Once the opener is in far enough, pull it upwards gently while rotating it around the neck of the bottle until the cork is worked out of the neck
Customer Reviews & Ratings
It's entirely possibly it's still my technique, but I think the world moved on to cork screws for a reason. I had hoped to use this for older/damaged corks but it really is more effort than it's worth. It's now in a drawer somewhere not being used.
I would not recommend this product to a friend.
The best wine cork remover ever. We have a number of old wines where the cork breaks and this is the only opener we now use on these type of wines. I have bought a few of these wine pullers now as gifts to go with old bottles of wine we give to friends.
I would recommend this product to a friend.