Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
In Japanese, Shun means the precise moment at which a fruit or vegetable is perfectly ripe and perfect to eat. Named after this philosophy, the Shun range is dedicated to quality producing kitchenware.
The Shun Damascus series of knives from KAI is one of the most comprehensive damask steel series worldwide, made from specific stainless damask steel with 32 layers. The convex cut of the blade together with the manual honing of each Shun knife delivers an unrivalled sharpness.
Originating in Japan, Santoku means 'three virtues'. That's vegetables, meat, and fish - the three types of food most commonly cut in the kitchen.
- Japanese chef's knife designed with the traditional sheep's foot shape
- Made from 32 layers of damask steel with a 16° bevel edge
- Constructed from a combination of high carbon steel and a high density stainless steel layer for extra rust resistance and strength
- Blades have a core of VG-10 steel with a Rockwell hardness of 61
- Black Pakka wood handle is formed into a D-shape which fits perfectly into the hand (designed for right handed use)
- Well balanced weight
KAI is one of the world leaders in the manufacture of premium level chefs knives, used by top-class professionals and ambitious hobby cooks. For over 100 years, KAI has pushed the boundaries of aesthetic design, technical innovation and outstanding quality, enjoying cult status in Japan. These amazing razor-sharp knives are created in Seki City, Japan’s 700-year-old centre for Samurai swords.
- Blade length: 18cm
- Handle length: 12.2cm
- Always wash the knives by hand in order to protect the material and maintain long lasting sharpness
- Immediately after each use, clean the blade under running water and dry with a soft cloth
- Never place the blades in the dishwasher
- Use only wooden boards or plastic cutters with medium strength
- Keep the knives in a blade protector, either in a knife block, on a wall magnetic board
- Knives with natural wood handles should not stay too long in water
- Occasionally, oil the handle with some neutral oil
- Blades are absolutely not suitable for cutting bones (including of fish) or frozen foods
This product comes with a 10 year warranty.
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Here's your chance to write the first review for this product.