Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
A 100% merino sheepskin throw will transform any space in your home and add comfort and luxury. This piece works well as a throw over a bench or couch, a rug or a feature on your bed. You'll love that this ultra-cosy, soft-as-can-be decor addition is proudly locally made.
- Single 100% A-grade South African merino sheepskin throw
- A soft and comfortable layer to sleep or sit on — for everyone from babies and children to adults, the elderly and bedridden patients
- Can be used on their own, as a throw, a rug or a great accessory for your nursery
- Great for in front of the fireplace, not only aesthetically, but they also protect the floor in case coal should jump out as they put out fires
- Naturally dirt repellant and an asset to your home in summer or winter
- Sizes are approximate and vary as each product is individual
- Natural blemishes and variations in colour are inherent in natural textiles and make each item unique
The benefits of sheepskin:
- Machine washable (simply pop it in the machine on the wool cycle)
- Hypoallergenic (non-allergenic; non-scratchy)
- Auto-thermo-regulating (cool in summer; warm in winter)
- Flame and odour resistant
- 100% natural, sustainable material — the sheepskins used are a by-product of the meat industry and would otherwise be discarded
Karoo Baba aims to create value and luxury through comfort and peace of mind. They use 100% South African merino sheepskin (a waste product of the meat industry that would otherwise be discarded) to create practical decor for people who appreciate the value of genuine products that have been lovingly crafted. Unlike their synthetic counterparts, Karoo Baba items are made of upcycled sheepskin — 100% natural, hypoallergenic, washable and durable.
- Dimensions: 110cm × 70cm × 5 cm (Approximately — each sheepskin is unique and sizes are a general guide but individuals might vary slightly)
- Weight: 2kg
- Material: Merino Sheepskin
- Natural shaped trimmed edges
- Wash in cold water (hand or wool cycle machine wash) on a warm day
- Use Woolite or a very gentle liquid detergent like Sunlight Baby
- Dry flat with the suede side up first, then turn over to dry wool
- You can brush it to restore fluffiness
- Dry cleaning is also an option
- Do not use any harsh chemicals like Vanish
- Do not ever wash on a hot cycle or in hot water (even if handwashing)
This product comes with a 1-year warranty.