Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
White Binchotan, which is considered The King of All Charcoal and a favourite amongst grilling chefs in Japan, burns without smoke or smell and has a longer burn time than conventional charcoal. Binchotan is the ultimate charcoal for barbecuing, whether you are using a Grills of Japan Japanese Hibachi or Konro grill, Big Green Egg, Everdure, Kamado Jan, or a Weber.
- Binchotan charcoal sticks
- Binchotan is a firm favourite amongst Yakitori bars all over Japan due to its very long and clean burning properties, and the amazing aroma and flavour it imparts when grilling
- Due to the unique infrared nature of the heat, food grilled over binchotan results in a much juicier texture and heightened flavours compared to other black charcoal
- There is little to no smoke and it is odourless when burning, so the flavour of the food is kept pure and there are minimal flare ups
How to use:
- Light binchotan by placing it into an already hot fire or a chimney starter outside and transferring the lit coals to your grill or use the Grills of Japan Binchotan Charcoal Starter pan on your gas hob if grilling indoors (ventilation is required)
- The binchotan comes in varied sizes so should you want to make smaller pieces they can be broken into smaller pieces by knocking the larger pieces together with the smaller pieces
- Weight: 2kg
- Material: Acacia
- Burn time: 4 hours
- Compared to regular natural hardwood charcoal, Binchotan White Charcoal will burn much longer and when finished grilling, you should simply extinguish the charcoal so you can use it again
- To extinguish, simply place the charcoal in a Grills of Japan extinguishing pot or dip each piece of charcoal in water outside for 30 seconds and leave to dry in the sun
- If used in any other braais, simply close all vents once finished grilling and extinguish your binchotan so it's ready for use again the next time