Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Note: We're able to deliver this item to you during the current lockdown level, based on government guidelines. Check the stock availability message box for more information about when we can get it to you.
This full-size 18cm fluted knife is a perfect example of a classic Santoku knife. An essential all-purpose knife for both Oriental and Western Chefs. This knife is not very different from a standard chef's knife and can be used to cut fish, fillets of meat and also chop through the sturdiest of vegetables, but it is different to other chef's knives in that the edge of the blade has very little curve to it, thus giving it more of a cutting edge, which prevents the food from sticking to the blade and results in a much smoother chopping motion.
The G Series is a classic collection of large, longer bladed knives with hollow weighted handles. Used for general food preparation by the more adventurous chef.
All knife measurements are for the blade only, not the handle.
- The blade is constructed of a single piece of steel, with a unique convex edge for unsurpassed performance
- Made of hollow handles which are then filled with sand to achieve the desired weight and deliver the perfect balance
- Perfectly balanced knives provide optimal control
- The blade is made of the finest stainless steel called Cromova 18 (Chromium, Molybdenum and Vanadium), designed exclusively for Global
- Ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56 - C58 degrees which holds the razor-sharp edge of the blade longer than any other steel
- Ergonomic, stainless steel hygienic handles with signature dimple pattern offer a comfortable, slip-resistant grip
- Blade length: 18cm
- Hand wash only, in warm soapy water
- After washing, rinse off with warm water and dry thoroughly with a towel
- Global Knives should not be placed in the dishwasher as this can damage the sharp edges of the blade
- In addition, exposure to extreme heat and powerful detergents found in dishwashers can be harmful to Cromova 18 high carbon stainless steel
- If your knife is not stored or cleaned correctly, you may find that rust can start to develop on it
- General household stainless steel cleaners are available on the market, and any of these can be used to remove rust from your stainless steel
Customer Reviews & Ratings
5.0 out of 5 stars from 2 reviews
The Global Santoku knife is the best in its price-class by far. The harder steel keeps an excellent edge for a long time without having to sharpen the blade, and the knife is comfortable to use.
Only downside is sharpening the knife takes slightly longer than usual due to the hardness of the steel.
I would recommend this product to a friend.