Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Note: We're able to deliver this item to you during the current lockdown level, based on government guidelines. Check the stock availability message box for more information about when we can get it to you.
An ancient hybrid of the pomelo and the mandarin, Seville oranges are usually too bitter to eat. But with some cooking, and a little love, this beautiful orange jewel-coloured spread is made. Spread on toast for breakfast, for a real treat.
- An old family recipe using hand cut fresh Seville oranges to create a traditional bitter marmalade
- No additives or preservatives
- Made with 44g of fruit per 100g
Cuban style marinated lamb
- 4 tbsp Chaloner Seville orange marmalade
- 3 tbsp water 2 oranges, zest only
- 2 tbsp oregano, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1.7kg/3lb 12oz butterflied leg of lamb, (weight after bones removed)
- 225ml/8fl oz cola
- Gently heat the marmalade and water together in a pan, stirring until the marmalade has melted
- Allow to cool, then mix with the orange zest, oregano, garlic, cayenne and oil
- Rub the marinade into the lamb
- Place into a strong plastic bag, and place the bag into a bowl
- Pour the cola around the meat
- Tie the top of the bag securely
- NB: If you were to place the meat in a bowl there would not be sufficient cola to cover the meat, so pouring the cola in the bag means that you can massage and turn the meat easily while it is marinating in the fridge. Marinate for at least two hours
- Remove the meat from the fridge about half an hour in advance. Remove from the plastic bag just before cooking
- Place lamb on the pre-heated barbecue and grill for about 1 hour or until tender
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes, then carve and serve
- Brown sugar
- Seville oranges (28%)
Not suitable for people with a nut allergy.
Customer Reviews & Ratings
I did not enjoy the bitterness of the rind at all. It really spoilt the decadence that I was looking for in a good marmalade. The peel was cut far too chunky, with the pith, which made it really unpalatable. I definitely did not enjoy and would not order again.
I would not recommend this product to a friend.