Fill your home with things that make you happy
We believe that using the right product for the right task can make everyone's day a little bit better. Mornings are more rewarding if they start with crafting a perfect cup of coffee, with beans that you've ground exactly right. Meal prep is more satisfying when armed with a sharp and weighty chef's knife that balances beautifully in your hand. And there's relief and peace to be found when collapsing into crisp bed linen at the end of a too-long day.
That's why we only sell products that we think have the power to make things a little happier — whether it's because they add flavour, comfort, efficiency, expertise, or a little beauty to your home life.
We're always hunting out exciting new kitchen and home finds locally and internationally, looking to inspire ourselves and our customers, and growing our ranges. From knives, appliances and hard-to-find ingredients, to bedding, rugs and furniture, we've sourced and tested the best quality we can find, from brands and makers that we love.
Where did this story begin?
Yuppiechef was founded in 2006 by two good friends, selling just 32 kitchen products online, from a lounge in Plumstead. More than a decade (and more than a million cards and fridge magnets) later, nearly 200 of us are now working together to help our customers find more moments of joy in their homes.
Seen us in the news?
We're looking for talented people to join our team. View jobs at Yuppiechef.
Safe and easy payments, with real humans to help
Paying on Yuppiechef.com is simple and secure and we deliver by courier throughout South Africa. Plus our dedicated customer support team is also here to help you every step of the way. You're in good hands.
Shop safely in one of our stores
Spread between Cape Town, Johannesburg and Umhlanga, Yuppiechef's eight stores stock a range of our most admired brands, customer favourites and our personal must-have items. In our stores you're able to touch and feel a product before buying it, get advice on the perfect tool for a job, and have someone show you how it works. And if it's not in store, we can still order it online and get it delivered to you. You can also choose to shop online and collect in store — whatever works best for you. Come in and have a browse — we'd love to say hi.
Spoil your fridge
Met our magnets yet? For longer than most of us can remember, Yuppiechef orders have always had one of our fridge magnets popped into the box, just before it's sealed. We've designed dozens of them over the years, and you can see the full collection in any Yuppiechef store.
- SA National Business Awards: Digital Company of the Year Award (Winner) — 2019
- SACSC Retail Design & Development Awards: Best Independent Retailer Store Design (Winner) — 2019
- South African Online Retailer of The Year Awards: Winner — 2018
- South African Tech & E-Commerce Awards: Best Employer (Winner) — 2017
- South African E-Commerce Awards:
- Best E-Commerce Store (Winner) — 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
- Best Shopping Process (Winner) — 2015
- Best Shopping Process (Runner Up) — 2014
- Best Shopping Process (Winner) — 2013, 2012, 2011
- Best Customer Service (Runner Up) — 2013
- Best Website Usability (Runner Up) — 2013
- Best Design, Standards & Ease of use (Runner Up) — 2012, 2011, 2010
- Bookmarks Awards:
- E-Commerce Website (Silver Bookmark) — 2012
- Email Marketing (Bronze Bookmark) — 2012
- Loeries: Best Digital Viral Campaign (Gold Loerie) — 2010 (Woolies Lovebirds Ransom)
- Bookmarks Awards:
- Digital Viral Campaign (Silver Bookmark) — 2010 (Woolies Lovebirds Ransom)
- E-Commerce Website (Bronze Bookmark) — 2010
- Cape Talk Small Business Awards: Finalist — 2010
- South African E-Commerce Awards: Best Food & Home Website — 2009
- Sunday Times Food Awards: Food Entrepreneur of the Year — 2009