Keen for a creamy accompaniment to your morning muesli or a smoothie snack? This yoghurt maker works as an incubator which allows you to create your own homemade yoghurt with minimal effort. Plus, if you know what you are putting into your yoghurt, you can avoid unnecessary preservatives and added sugar, so it’s a healthier option too.
- Yoghurt maker base and lid, with seven separate jars which hold 150ml each
- Features include on/off switch with pilot light, transparent lid and memory dial
- Simply add 1 to 2 teaspoons of natural yoghurt (without sugar, fruit or fruit juice) to each of the glass jars. Dry culture can be used instead of fresh yoghurt, just follow the instructions on the packet
- Slowly heat the required amount of milk to 90°C and then let it cool to roughly 30°C before evenly distributing it into the jars
- Stir the milk and the yoghurt together in each jar, attach the lids, and put the jars into the machine
- Switch on and leave for five to six hours and when ready, move each jar to the fridge to cool
- Sterilised or U. H. T. milk will give the best results
- If cold milk (at fridge temperature) is used, it will take eight to nine hours to make yoghurt
- Once you have made your first batch of yoghurt, reserve the required amount for your next batch
- After three or four makings the yoghurt may become watery, it is then time to restart the process with fresh yoghurt
- If you wish to make fruit yoghurt, add the fruit to the warm yoghurt before you transfer the jars to the fridge to cool
- Watts: 13W
- Capacity: 7 glass jars of 150ml each
- Dimensions: W 22.7 x H 11.2 x D 23.3cm
This product comes with a 2 year guarantee.