Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take?
- Stocktake in progress.
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Muti... the medicine for any troubles (or celebrations), a word derived from the Zulu word 'umuthi' given to the botanical remedies fashioned by traditional healers to soothe all kinds of afflictions. This expertly crafted citrus forward gin is rich, complex and refreshing and aims soothe and rejuvinate in much the same way as the African tradition that inspired it.
- Appearance: Clear with slight blue tinge
- Aroma: Aromatic notes of juniper, lemon zest and coriander open up into sweet and salty olive finish
- Taste: Herbal but sweet initial taste adds depth to the silky smooth burst of fresh, fruity and citrus flavours
- Aftertaste: Long and lingering with hints of salty Ghô-kum, finished by warming ginger
- Winner of the American Dieline Design Awards 2019 in the Clear Spirits category (the awards recognise outstanding consumer packaging and product design)
The two main fynbos botanicals are Ghô-kum and Kusmalva. Carpobrotus edulis or Ghô-kum is a ground-creeping plant with succulent leaves, native to South Africa. It is also known as a highway ice plant or sour fig (suurvygie). This is our Western Cape botanical. Pelargonium capitatum x radens or Kusmalva is found along the southern and eastern Cape of SA. Its habitat is usually beach sand or other well-drained sandy soils. It is cultivated as a source of essential oils.
- Volume: 750ml
- ABV: 43%
Customer Reviews & Ratings
5.0 out of 5 stars from 2 reviews