Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Replacement wheels for the MinoSharp 2-Stage Water Knife Sharpener.
Over time the wheels of your MinoSharp will need to be replaced, luckily we have these just for you.
Waterstone and Ceramic Stone:
There are various types and sizes available. Normally, a medium grit is sufficient with which to start. However, if the blade is blunt or damaged, it may be necessary to start with a rough grit. There are several differences between waterstones and ceramic stones:
A waterstone must be placed in water and allowed to soak for 10-15 minutes to allow it to absorb sufficient moisture. A ceramic stone also requires water and to soak in water 3-5 minutes. A ceramic stone is harder than a waterstone, so it will sharpen your knives more quickly. A ceramic stone will last longer and will not develop valleys or groves as easily as a waterstone.
Regardless of the size or type of stone you are uslng, the procedures for sharpenlng are as follows:
- The Ceramic stone should be soaked in the water for 3-5 minutes before you use.
- Hold the knife so that the blade meets the stone at a 10-15 degree angle, then push back and forth across the stone in smooth steady strokes maintainlng the same angle. Maintaining the same angle is most important. You will know you are maintaining the same angle from the sound the knife makes against the stone. If you are making the same sound with each stroke back and forth against the stone, you are maintaining the same angle.
- Repeat 2 above on both sides of the blade going from one side to the other until your knife is sharp and there are no burrs on either side.
- During sharpening a certain amount of wet powder will appear, but do not wash or wipe off this residue and continue sharpening. Although this powder appears unsightly, it is this residue which sharpens the knives.
- After sharpening, your knives should be washed in hot water and then towel dried.
Ceramic or Diamond Rods:
Stone sharpening is the best way to sharpen any knives, not just Global knives. In between stone sharpenings or in place of stone sharpening, if you so desire, you can use Global's ceramic or diamond rods. These sharpeners are made from the two hardest materials known to man. They are suitable for sharpening all good quality knives. The diamond rod is harder than the ceramic rod and will bring back an edge quicker, but both are quite acceptable for sharpening your Global knives.
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Want super sharp knives?
Global Japanese made mini sharpener is the best on the market.
One can even purchase replacement stone grinding wheels after About 5 years use ...
Global knives take 4 swipes through each of the two stone wheels to sharpen....other good knives. 7 swipes.
I would recommend this product to a friend.