Coffee is 98% water. So water of the highest quality is essential to creating the best possible coffee experience. The Claris Smart from Jura revolutionises water filtration. For the first time, thanks to modern RFID (Radio-frequency Identification) technology, a coffee machine can continually communicate with the filter. It recognises whether a filter has been inserted and automatically activates the appropriate mode. It continually collects information about filter use and alerts the user when the filter capacity has been exhausted. This not only makes changing the filter easier than ever before, but also allows the Claris Smart to achieve optimum effectiveness.
To enable the filter and coffee machine to communicate, JURA uses modern RFID technology. Any machine fitted with the intelligent water system (I.W.S.®) recognises when a filter is inserted, automatically switches to filter mode and starts the rinsing process. When the filter capacity is nearly used up the machine prompts the user to change the filter. If the filter is not changed, the machine activates descaling mode. After a certain amount of use, the user is prompted to descale the machine. This can only be done when the filter is removed, so there is no more risk of user error resulting from misunderstandings.
- The intelligent water filter
- Pure water for exquisite coffee
- Claris smart works according to the professional up-flow principle and always filters exactly the amount of water required for each preparation
- Standing pre-filtered water is never left in the water tank, where it could quickly become unhygienic
- As well as limescale, it filters out heavy metals and substances that impair smell and taste, such as chlorine
- Minerals that are important for health are retained in the water
- The result: pure water for perfect speciality coffees and optimum protection against limescale inside the coffee machine
- Claris Smart was designed for the following machines with the intelligent water system: Z6, E6, E8, E60, E80, E600, E800
JURA coffee machines were certified as extremely hygienic by independent international testing organisation TÜV Rheinland in accordance with its own strict criteria. This proves that JURA maintenance products, precisely formulated to be effective with the electronically controlled programmes, guarantee TÜV-certified hygiene and cleanliness for every JURA coffee machine.
When water is heated, limescale is deposited. Pipes narrowed by limescale not only slow down the heating process and therefore consume more energy, but may even cause the machine to break down completely. Limescale also has a negative effect on the coffee itself. Although a small amount of calcium carbonate is important to the flavour of coffee, too much gives the water an unpleasant aftertaste and prevents the coffee aromas from developing as they should, partly due to fluctuating water temperatures.
The right water is crucial to the taste of the coffee because coffee consists in fact of 98 % water. In addition to calcium, minerals and fluorides, the tap water in many areas contains traces of lead, copper, aluminium and chlorine. Positioned directly in the water tank, the Claris filter freshly filters the water every time coffee is prepared. It completely absorbs harmful substances while retaining important fluorides, which help the flavours to really develop. With the optimum water quality, every cup of coffee becomes a full-bodied taste experience. Claris eliminates the need to descale the machine.