How does buying a gift from a wedding registry work?
- Browse the couple's wedding registry (they would have either shared a direct link with you or you can search for their registry) and choose a gift you'd like to purchase for them.
- Press the "Add to Cart" button on the item.
- From there, you can choose to add more gifts or to proceed to Checkout.
- At Checkout, you can add a special message to the couple and pay using any of our payment methods.
- We'll deliver your gift, along with your message, after their big day*.
When will the couple receive my gift?
We only deliver gifts to the couple after their big day, at a time of their choosing.
You won't need to take a gift with you to the event.
* When the couple is ready, they'll close their wedding registry and ask us to deliver all their gifts to them whenever is most convenient. Your gift will be packed together with all their gifts and they'll receive your message and description of what you bought for them in a lovely folder.
What if I don’t like any of the options on the registry, or it’s all more than I want to spend?
If you can’t find anything you’d like to give the couple, or you have in mind a particular amount you wish to spend, you can buy the couple a gift voucher for any amount. We always add an option to buy gift vouchers, which are valid for 3 years, so your friends can buy whatever their hearts desire, even after the registry is delivered. Plus, we’ll deliver it to them with the rest of their gifts, so there’s no admin for you.
How will the couple know what I chose for them?
Every time a gift is bought on the wedding registry, we take down the details of what was bought and by whom. If the couple ‘opt-in’ to our Thank You Manager service then they will get an immediate email notification of your gift purchase, including any message you send along with your gift. If they ‘opt-out’ then only when they close their registry after the wedding, will they be sent this list.
Do I get the gift to take to the wedding?
We take care of the gift-giving for you! Rather than having to wrap and take the gift with you, we’ll keep everything safe here and deliver the whole wedding registry to the couple when they are settled into their new home. No wrapping, no driving back to fetch the forgotten gift, no standing around looking for the gift table. Just click, buy, and let us handle the work of making sure they get everything.
Can the couple return the gift?
When couples close off their wedding registry, they are given the option to exchange items for newer ones that have come up since they registered, or put the value of a few of the smaller gifts towards one or two larger pieces. After the registry is delivered, if anything arrives that they are not happy with, they can return it in exchange for another product of the same value or a Yuppiechef voucher. We don't issue cash refunds for registry gifts, unfortunately. Warranties are available on most products, and we are happy to help facilitate exchanges or repairs if needed.