Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Stream the entertainment you love to your TV in up to 4K resolution with the Google Chromecast with Google TV. This handy streaming device plugs right into your TV and comes with a voice remote so you can use voice commands to get it to show you all action movies, for example, on one screen — no matter what streaming service they're on. It works with almost any smart TV with an HDMI port and WiFi connection. Google TV and Android apps give you access to movies, TV shows, music, and much more. It's also really good at helping you find exactly what you want to watch, even if you don't know what that is yet. Cast from your compatible device, and use the voice remote for hands-free search and suggestions.
- Chromecast streaming device with Google TV works with almost any smart TV with an HDMI port and WiFi connectivity
- Unlock a treasure trove of content — get access to all the movies, TV shows, music, and streaming entertainment you love in high resolution (up to 4K HDR) via Google TV and Android apps, or by streaming from a compatible device (note: subscriptions may be required to access all content; 4K content requires a 4K-capable TV and a reliable internet connection)
- Cast directly from your phone or tablet to your smart TV with ease
- Get personalised recommendations based on your subscriptions, viewing habits, and content you own
- Home screen puts your movies and TV shows from all your services in one place, so you don’t have to switch from app to app to find your favourites
- Stream content directly from your compatible Android or iOS smartphones and tablets, Mac and Windows laptops, Chromebooks, and other devices
- Voice remote lets you use your voice controls and Google Assistant to search for specific shows, display recommendations, control the volume, switch inputs, play music, and more
- Dedicated YouTube and Netflix buttons on the remote give you one-press convenience (note: subscriptions may be required)
- If you can’t find the remote, use other Google Smart Speakers and displays (sold separately) to control your TV with your voice
- Features impressive video and sound quality — supports resolutions up to 4K at 60fps and high dynamic range (HDR) for stunning picture quality
- Even if you don’t have a 4K-enabled TV, Chromecast delivers the best possible visuals for your TV
- Dolby Vision, HDR10, and HDR10+ support ensures images with impressive brightness, contrast, and colour
- Support for Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Atmos (pass-through) enables high-quality audio when it’s available on your content
- Smart home integration lets you control a variety of other Google Smart Home devices (sold separately) so you can dim compatible lights, adjust the temperature, and much more using voice control
- Family-friendly Kids Mode gives you a way to create profiles for children to filter age-appropriate content and limit watching times
- View a slideshow of your pictures from your Google Photos library on your TV
- 49% of Chromecast’s plastic parts are made with recycled materials, helping keep waste out of landfills
What's in the box?
Do I need anything else for Chromecast 4K to work?
- HDMI cable to connect to your TV’s HDMI port
- WiFi network (wireless router) or ethernet connection for internet access
- Supported WiFi-enabled device
How to set up your Google Chromecast
Step 1: Hook up the Chromecast to your TV
This part of the process is pretty foolproof. Plug the Chromecast into your TV's HDMI port and the USB wire into a compatible port or power outlet. Just keep in mind that if you're using a 4K-compatible Chromecast Ultra, you'll need to connect the adapter to an outlet; a USB port doesn't supply enough power to sustain it.
Step 2: Download the Google Home app
You can acquire the Google Home app either through the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. Most Android devices should already come with it preinstalled.
Step 3: Select Devices in Google Home
It's in the upper left corner. Note that you may get a prompt on the bottom of your screen to set up a new device; this will work, too.
Step 4: Select Set Up
The Google Home app will now set up the Chromecast. You don't have to do anything except tap Continue when prompted.
Step 5: Check the code against your TV
You should see a code both on your app and your TV screen. Provided they match, select Yes.
Step 6: Choose a name
You can also adjust privacy and Guest options on this screen.
Step 7: Connect the Chromecast to the Internet
You can choose a network (or use Ethernet on an Ultra) and either get the password from your mobile device or input it manually. Keep in mind that you will need to use the Chromecast and your apps on the same network.
Step 8: Sign in to your Google Account (optional)
While you don't have to sign in, you'll have access to all of your content on YouTube and whatever movies, TV and music you purchase through Google if you do.
Step 9: Take the tutorial (optional)
If you've never used a Chromecast before, it couldn't hurt to let Google Home demonstrate how Casting works. Select Learn How to Cast, and follow the instructions.
If you're using a Chromecast with a computer, you don't need the Home app; just having Google Chrome installed is enough. Visit Google's Chromecast website and follow the instructions.
- Dimensions: L 5.2cm x W 1.38cm x D 5.2cm
- Power cable length: 1.52m
- Weight: 40g
- Resolution: Full standard 1080p resolution
- Wireless: Supports all your wireless networks Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz)
- Supports the standard 5V, 1A power supply
If you must use a different power supply than the one provided with your device, be sure to use a UL-listed power supply marked “LPS” or “Class 2”, with output rated 5Vdc, 1A
Ports & connectors:
- HDMI to plug directly into the TV
- Micro-USB power
Supported operating systems:
- Android 4.2 and higher
- OS 9.1 and higher
- macOS® X 10.9 and higher
- Windows 7 and higher
- Keep dust free, do not submerge into water
- This product comes with a 6 month warranty
Customer Reviews & Ratings
5100%View 3 out of 3 total reviews
40%0 out of 3 total reviews
30%0 out of 3 total reviews
20%0 out of 3 total reviews
10%0 out of 3 total reviews
This device works brilliantly. It is so smooth and responsive. Works great for DSTV now and Netflix. The voice control is also a really handy feature and works really well too. I bought this for my family home and everyone is really happy with it. I will definitely be buying myself one when I move to my own place next month. Couldn't recommend this more!
I would recommend this product to a friend.
Been contemplating getting one for a while to make up for feature gaps and deficiencies of our smart-but-not-so-smart TV, but had my doubts. But, it has turned out to be a great purchase. My only regret is not getting it sooner.
I would recommend this product to a friend.