Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
The Blend is part of the Gabriëlskloof Estate range of wines, a range that offers a selection of boutique-style wines that always over-delivers on quality and value. The conditions leading up to the 2017 harvest were hot and dry for the second consecutive year, leading to smaller berries and even more concentrated flavours. All the fruit was hand-picked and whole bunch pressed. Fermentation and ageing took place in barrel and in tank, and maturation over 12 months in second- and third-fill barrels. Angela Lloyd gave the wine 86 points in the 2020 Platter, with the following tasting notes: "Cabernet-based 2017 has dashes cab franc, Petit Verdot and Malbec adding further satisfaction. Fruit richness allows for approachability, refreshing fine tannins ensure potential."
- Gabrielskloof 2017 The Blend red blend
- Made up of Cabernet Sauvignon (51%), Cabernet Franc (18%), Malbec (17%), and Petit Verdot (14%)
- Nose is plush and perfumed with blackcurrant, red cherry, dried peach and anise
- Medium-bodied palate with firm, fine tannins and hints of dark chocolate that finishes with a fresh but lingering aftertaste
- Volume: 750ml
- ABV: 15%
- Residual sugar: 3g/l
- Total acid: 5.8g/l
- pH: 3.56
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Here's your chance to write the first review for this product.