Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Named after the dialling code of Durban, Distillery 031 is a relatively older craft distillery, as they started on 2008. Their home is Durban, and they take a lot of inspiration from the gritty authenticity of their East coast home and its multitude of cultures. Andrew Rall started distilling rum in his garden in 2007, and his passion for it has just gotten larger, as has his business.
- Ancestors Absinthe is made in the traditional French style
- Balances the natural sweetness of anise with the bitterness of grand wormwood
- Contains unique local botanicals, like African wormwood, a more subtle cousin of European wormwood that is traditionally used; Impepho, a herb used by Zulu herbalists and adds a minty flavour
- Named after the Zulu ancestors, who are supposed to appear in dreams and provide clarity and guidance, just as 'The Green Fairy' was meant to in years past
- Once banned in Europe for the supposedly harmful effects of Thujone, an active ingredient in European grande wormwood, it was unbanned in 1995 following a study proving that the ingredient is not harmful in small amounts
- Absinthe is now fully legal all over the world, as long as the Thujone levels are below 10 parts per million
- Best enjoyed in moderation as a sipping spirit
- Volume per bottle: 750ml
- Alcohol by volume: 65%