Perfect Pasta is easy to accomplish with the Pasta Roller.
- Pasta Roller
- Fettuccine Cutter
- Spaghetti Cutter
- Also includes: Wooden Cleaning Brush
In addition to rolling pasta sheets, the pasta roller can also be used to roll a variety of fondants and marzipan. Simply dust with icing sugar, and feed through the rollers as usual, to desired thickness.
What the Yuppiechefs say
Five fast facts to make the perfect pasta:
- Pasta destined for baking requires only parboiling as it will be further cooked in the oven.
- Pasta absorbs up to three times its weight in water, so pasta should be cooked in plenty of water - 500g should be done in 4.8L of water, about 8 pints.
- Add the pasta slowly, making sure the water is always boiling, and add oil and salt once it is all in. Stir occasionally while cooking and drain it in the colander and serve with olive oil and butter or sauce.
- Don't rinse pasta unless explicitly told to or if it is to be served cold in a salad.
- Pastas should be cooked al dente, which means 'to the tooth', it should be firm but with little resistance to the bite.