Keen to cook your mum something extra special for Mother’s Day that won’t require a...
In cooking everything has a name, even those crispy, brown bits at the bottom of the pan after you sear steak, or roast a chicken. Known as the fond, those brown bits make a fantastic gravy to go over roast meats, and add a huge amount of flavour to soups and stews.
Now you can get this concentrated flavour, and use it easily in a huge variety of foods, quickly and easily. They call it Fonds, we call it concentrated liquid stock heaven.
In a food first for South Africa, NoMU have created a concentrated, liquid stock made from natural ingredients, and free of any artifical flavours, enhancers, colouring agents or preservatives, and they're gluten-free and low sodium. How does that sound, friends? We think it sounds great.
Simply dilute 15ml in a litre of water, and get 6 litres of stock from every bottle of fond. Or, use a splash in soups, sauces, stews - anywhere you need a dash of extra flavour, in fact.
Product is not Halaal nor Kosher.
Recipes to inspire, using NoMU Fond Liquid Stock:
• Lamb cutlets with roasted cauliflower, anchovy crumbs and almonds, using NoMU Lamb Fond Liquid Stock.
- Shelf life: 18 months
- 200ml fond = 6 litres of stock
- Free of artificial flavour enhancers, colouring agents and preservatives
- Vegetable Stock - Water, salt, dried glucose syrup, 7% onion, natural flavour, herbs (with celery), spices, sugar, stabilizer - xanthan gum, modified corn starch.
- Beef Stock - Water, salt, natural beef flavour, dried glycose syrup, 5% beef extract, caramel sugar, modified corn starch, sugar, onion, spices and stabilizer: xanthan gum.
- Lamb Stock - Water, salt, lamb flavour, 11% lamb meat, sugar, dried glucose syrup, caramel sugar, modified corn starch, onion, garlic, spices and citric acid.
- Chicken Stock - Water, maltodextrin salt, chicken flavour, 2% chicken meat, modified corn starch, onion, sugar, spices, stabilizer: xanthan gum, lactic acid and caramel sugar.
Storage instructions: Please store in a cool, dry place and refrigerate after opening.
A note on shelf life: Ofcourse we would love to know that you are using our FONDS on just about everything you cook! Just in case you don’t though; your bottle of NoMU FOND has an 18 month shelf life as you find it on shelf at your local retailer. Once you take it home, remove the safety seal that is inside the bottle lid and cook with it, we recommend refrigerating the open bottle. Even refrigerated, we suggest trying to use all of the FOND within 4 weeks to ensure the best results.