Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat is Yuppiechef?
Yuppiechef is an online store dedicated to making the world's best kitchen tools available to South Africans. If you enjoy spending time in your kitchen then you'll love our world-class brands. We're not kidding around - we scour the globe for you.
Yuppiechef is the one-stop killer kitchen tool shoppe for connoisseurs, Gordon Ramsay wannabe's, generous gift-givers and kitchen posers.
People who love kitchen tools and think that shopping online is the way forward. That's us.
The first tool made its merry way to our first customer in April 2006.
Yes. We know this is a worry for some folk, especially first-timers. But, all we can say is yes, they're safe. All credit card transactions take place on a secure page (your address bar will appear green) and no credit card details are stored.
About 3 days, but you can read more about delivery times here.
If you live in Cape Town and would like to collect your order, you are welcome to do so. Please select the "I will collect" option on the checkout page. As soon as our team have packed your order we will send you an email to let you know that it's is ready for collection.
When people want to know about hot new kitchen tools, we want them to think of us. That kind of cred doesn't just happen, it takes hard work. So, we're always on the lookout for cool new stuff. In fact we travel the world to get things first. If you want regular updates on what's sizzling in foodie world, sign up for our newsletter.
Yep we do. If you sign up we'll send you love-letters every week.
Breath into a brown paper packet, then call us. We'll breathe into a brown paper bag, and then work out what went wrong and sort it out. We'll probably be more cut up about it than you, so go easy on us.
It depends on the brand that you've purchased, but in most cases there is. The warrantee is usually listed on the product page, but if you have any questions just send us a mail.
Before you call us (or the cops) stop and consider that you might be doing something wrong. Yes, we know you think the product is faulty, but statistically it is unlikely. Google it. Try to call the manufacturer and ask if they know. If all else fails, read the next FAQ entry.
That never happens. Jokes. We are humans, not machines. If we have delivered the wrong product, a faulty product, or have misrepresented the offering with an incorrect picture or description - we'll humbly accept we've slipped up and resolve the situation speedily with a replacement or full refund. Find out more on our Terms and Conditions page.
Yes. We sell digital gift vouchers that you can create and send yourself, either by email or as a printable PDF card. It has a code which you enter at checkout.
Terms and Conditions:
- Yuppiechef Gift Vouchers can only be redeemed on www.yuppiechef.com
- Gift Vouchers cannot be used to purchase Gift Vouchers.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be exchanged for their value in cash and are not transferable or assignable.
- The balance of any Gift voucher amount not redeemed on a single purchase will remain allocated to that Gift Voucher number and can be redeemed at a later stage.
- If the total value of an order is greater than the rand value of the Gift Voucher, the difference must be paid by Credit Card, EFT, eBucks or Discovery Miles.
- Gift Vouchers as well as any unredeemed, remaining value thereof expire three years from the date of issue, under CPA law.
- Standard Yuppiechef.com terms and conditions of purchase and use of the Yuppiechef.com website apply.
- Please note that certain products available for sale on the Yuppiechef.com website are by law not for sale to persons under the age of 18. If you are giving a Gift Voucher to someone under the specified age, please make them aware that certain products will be unavailable to them.
- One or more Gift Vouchers may be redeemed against an individual order.
- Yuppiechef.com can not be held liable for Gift Vouchers that are lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission.
Let us know and we'll see if we can get it for you. If you're looking for the meaning of life, we're onto a good thing, so call us about that too. For real.
When you check out, you'll see there is a special box for delivery address. If the gift is intended for someone other than the purchaser, just fill in the address in here and we'll send it to them directly. With a personalised card, if you like.
We have two different gift cards. One has a silver strip on the back that you need to scratch to reveal your voucher number and the other has the voucher number clearly printed on the front.
For both cards, simply add items to your shopping cart and when you are ready to check out you will be given the option to 'Claim a voucher' before finalising your order, on the My Cart page. Type in your voucher number, click the 'Claim Voucher' button and the gift card value will be deducted from your order - easy as pie. Start shopping.