Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Trussing ensures that stuffing remains inside your bird as it cooks, and helps it to maintain a presentable shape whilst cooking. Larger birds like turkey benefit from trussing, as they tend to fall apart in the cooking process, and this trussing needle is strong and long enough to push through the meat of the bird to ensure a good, tight binding. The result is an evenly cooked, juicy roast.
- Needle for trussing poultry when roasting
- Long and sturdy for larger birds, such as turkey
- Ensures even cooking, presentable, compact shape and tender, juicy meat
How to truss a chicken:
- Thread the needle with enough string or kitchen twine
- Place the chicken on its back and tuck the wings under the body
- Insert the threaded needle into one side of the tail cavity and push it all the way through the thigh joint of the opposite leg. Leave some slack at the incision point for tying a knot
- Run the needle through the middle of the wing, passing through the skin of the neck to pierce the other wing. Pull the needle all the way through, until the thread is taut.
- Invert the chicken, pull the legs back, and run the needle through the thigh joint to the opposite side of the tail cavity - in effect, reversing the earlier step.
- Press the legs down and push the needle through the skin under the breast bone. Pull it out the other side.
- Flip the chicken on its side, pull the twine tightly and tie a double knot. The chicken is ready for roasting.
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Here's your chance to write the first review for this product.