Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Those who have always wanted to be able to finely slice sushi and sashimi will really appreciate this knife. Using the special cutting technique (the cut is made almost horizontally to the cutting base), wafer-thin slices can be chopped/cut/separated.
- Yanagiba with blade guard.
- The Yanagiba - which literally translates as "willow leaf" - is the epitome of the traditional Japanese knife. It is a standard feature in the kitchen of every professional Japanese chef.
- The knife is primarily used with a pulling motion in one direction only. This means that the blade produces a completely clean cut.
- The Yanagiba knife is forged from red-hot chromium-molybdenum-vanadium steel and hardened to 58° Rockwell. In accordance with Japanese forging methods, the knife made by the specialists in Solingen also has a one-sided edge.
- The ergonomic Classic handle not only fits nicely in the hand, it also ensures a safe hold when cutting. To prevent the blade from being damaged during storage, it also comes with the appropriate kind of protection. Included with the knife is a bamboo sheath in which the blade can be safely stored away. Magnets fitted inside the sheath also fix the blade so that it will not slip or slide out of the bamboo sheath by mistake.
- Suitable for left and right handed use.
Made in Germany
Wüsthof knives, scissors and kitchen tools have been made in Solingen, Germany, by the family-owned operation since 1814. The company regularly wins international awards and are given top ratings by reviews and publications. Wüsthof knives are used by national culinary teams, and famous chefs worldwide, including Gordon Ramsay, Jamie Oliver and James Martin.
All knives require regular sharpening. Wüsthof manufactures sharpening options that suit all of their knives, including whetstones, honing steels and pull-through sharpeners. See the sharpening range here.
Although some Wüsthof products are dishwasher safe, we do not recommend that your knives and scissors be put in the dishwasher. Blades can knock together, damaging them, and if not washed soon after use, corrosive food particles can damage the blade. Rather wash your knives after each use with warm water and a little detergent, rinse carefully and dry with a towel.
Wüsthof products come with a lifetime warranty, and will be repaired or replaced if there are any defects in workmanship or materials.
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Here's your chance to write the first review for this product.