Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Note: We're able to deliver this item to you during the current lockdown level, based on government guidelines. Check the stock availability message box for more information about when we can get it to you.
This handy two sided cast iron griddle allows you to make pancakes, eggs and bacon on the smooth side, and use the textured side for delicate fish and veggies.
- Two sided griddle
- Features a smooth side and a textured side for versatile use
- Made from untreated cast iron
- Cast iron requires seasoning before first use
- Instruction manual included
- Before first use, wash thoroughly with a mild dishwashing liquid to remove the wax coating used for protection in shipping
- Rinse with warm water and dry completely with a soft cloth or paper towel
- Never allow to drip-dry and never wash in a dishwasher
You must season the griddle before first use to prevent rust and keep foods from sticking. A vegetable oil or flax oil is recommended for the initial seasoning.
- Spread a thin coating of oil over the entire surface of the cast iron griddle with a paper towel thoroughly, including all corners — do not use salted fat such as margarine or butter.
- Turn burners to Medium-Off-Medium ( - - ) with lid closed or to Medium-Medium if you have a two-burner model.
- Preheat grill for 10 minutes.
- Place cast-iron griddle on grate and allow grill to heat for one to one and a half hours.
- Turn all burners off and leave griddle in barbecue until it is cool.
- Your cast iron griddle is now ready to use.
This product comes with a 2 year warranty.
Customer Reviews & Ratings
3.0 out of 5 stars from 1 review
I was expecting a cast iron plate that would have a similar coating to the regular griddle but it is dry cast iron that everything sticks to. Rather purchase a teflon braai mat instead!
I would not recommend this product to a friend.