Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Waterford Estate is a winery situated in the Blaauwklippen Valley in Stellenbosch and is renowned for producing terroir-specific wines. Each vintage of this wine is named after one of the children of the Ord and Arnold families. This vintage is named after Robert Charles, Kevin and Heather Arnolds' eldest son.
This vintage which will be remembered for drought and heat. Luckily for Waterford’s location on the Helderberg mountain and the near proximity to the ocean, the vineyards could cool down over night. The lack of water throughout the ripening season resulted in light bunches with tiny berries, giving the wines great colour and flavour. The 2016 vintage produced a lovely soft and velvety textured Shiraz, with the slight addition of Mourvedre to build in a little tension in the finish of the wine.
- Waterford Kevin Arnold 2016 Shiraz
- Made from 88% Siraz and 12% Mourvedre
- Concentrated red and dark fruit with warm earthy aromatics can be found in this Stellenbosch Shiraz, accompanied by plum fruit and leather spice undertones
- Pairs well with lean red meats, such as venison, as well as a variety of earthy components
- No new wood is used in the making of this wine - whole berry ferments and soft extraction methods by means of only pump overs which brings out the purity in this wine
- Only 6200 cases produced
- Wine of origin Stellenbosch
- Volume: 750ml
- ABV: 14.45%
- Total acid: 5.0g/l
- Residual sugar: 3.0g/l
- pH: 3.67
Customer Reviews & Ratings
5.0 out of 5 stars from 1 review
I ordered the 6 bottle red wine selection of Wade's Wines and was delighted that this time there were 6 different wines (not only the 3 different wines — 2 bottles each — of the last Wade's Wine order I had) and, having checked them all in Platter, found that they ranged from 4 to 4 1/2 stars and a number were from interesting smaller estates. I look forward to drinking them all over the next Read more
I would recommend this product to a friend.