Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Waterford Estate is a winery situated in the Blaauwklippen Valley in Stellenbosch and is renowned for producing terroir-specific wines. In this case, the Sauvignon Blanc is carefully sourced from vineyards in Elgin, a terroir well suited for the growth of Sauvignon Blanc, with its slightly cooler and more elevated climate. Once the grapes are harvested, they are transported to Waterford Estate for further vinification. A very natural approach is followed in order to best express the characteristics of the surroundings of the vineyards.
Elgin’s best quality grapes are carefully curated and selected to create a very focused style of Sauvignon Blanc. Coming from the leading apple-producing region in South Africa, the characteristic chalky, slate soils and cool climate bring out precision in aromatics and fresh minerality in the wine, and add texture and salinity to the Sauvignon Blanc.
- Waterford 2019 Sauvignon Blanc
- The wine shows fresh granadilla and green apple fruit, with underlying chalk and slate notes confirming the Elgin origin of the grapes
- The palate is nicely textured with crisp fruit, a fresh, natural acidity, and a deceptively long finish of flavours
- Pair with cheese (especially goat's cheese), green vegetables such as asparagus, zucchini, fresh peas and artichokes, oysters and delicate fish like sole
- Wine of origin in Elgin
- Vintage: 2019
- Volume: 750ml
- ABV: 13.1%
- Total acid: 2.1 g/L
- Residual sugar: 7.1 g/L
- pH: 3.17
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Here's your chance to write the first review for this product.