Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
The Wasabi Black series of knives have a specially designed handle which fuses the hygienic properties of bamboo with the long-lasting qualities of polypropylene. The handle also hugs the blade, reducing the gaps and crevices that dirt can gather in.
This set of five knives comes with a bag to safely store and transport them with. The short and long utility knives are perfect for peeling and paring fruit and vegetables while the larger Santoku and Chef's knives are ideal for preparing meats and larger vegetables. Use the long Slicing knife to finely carve meats with single strokes.
- Set of 5 Kai Wasabi Black knives with a carry and storage case
- Polished blades are made of corrosion-resistant 6A/1K6 steel with a hardness value of 56 (±1) HRC
- Blades are both double-edged shapes as well as traditional Japanese single-edged blade shapes
- The slightly arched back of the blade allows a secure grip during work, making it easier to make fine rocking movements
- Blade is bead-blasted to achieve a smooth finish and embellished with the Japanese characters for 'wasabi'
- Set includes 10cm and 15cm utility, 16.5cm Santoku, 20cm Chef's knife and 23cm Slicing knives
KAI is one of the world leaders in the manufacture of premium level chef's knives, used by top-class professionals and ambitious hobby cooks. For over 100 years, KAI has pushed the boundaries of aesthetic design, technical innovation and outstanding quality, enjoying cult status in Japan. These amazing razor-sharp knives are created in Seki City, Japan’s 700-year-old centre for Samurai swords.
- Always wash the knives by hand in order to protect the material and maintain long lasting sharpness
- Immediately after each use, clean the blade under running water and dry with a soft cloth
- Never place the blades in the dishwasher
- Use only wooden or plastic boards with medium resistance
- Keep the knives in a blade protector, either in a knife block, on a wall magnetic board
- Blades are absolutely not suitable for cutting bones (including of fish) or frozen foods
This product comes with a 10 year warranty.