Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
All the grapes for this Chenin Blanc came from a block on a family farm in Elgin. All the vineyards are trellised and all the grapes harvested by hand in individual bins in optimal conditions to ensure true quality from beginning to end. Whole bunch pressed, the wine was then naturally fermented in French oak barrels for 11 months before bottling. The Usana Chenin Blanc is a beautifully balanced wine. The natural fermentation adds a softer, creamier mouthfeel while the oak adds complexity and body to the wine.
- Usana 2016 Barrel Fermented Chenin Blanc
- On the nose and palate there are hints of white peach and pear, a hint of apple with a touch of butteriness from the barrel ageing
- Pairs well with creamy or butter poultry dishes as well as with seafood such as salmon and tuna and lighter pork dishes
- Usana believes this wine improves with age and will drink at its best after a year or two of being in the bottle with an ageing potential is up to 5 years
- Wine of origin in Elgin
- Volume: 750ml
- ABV: 13.5%
- Residual sugar: 2.2g/l
- Total acidity: 5.3g/l
- pH: 3.31
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Here's your chance to write the first review for this product.