Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
The meaning of 'tempest' is a violent storm. The Cape of Storms has shaped the environment that grows the bountiful fynbos and sculpts the uniqueness of The Tempest Gin.
- The grape spirit allows for a creamy fullness on the palate while the fynbos botanical's delicate flavours linger in the mouth
- The freshly harvested botanicals give the gin its 'cloudy' appearance, this is from the Essence or Turpines that will remind you of The Tempest meaning storm
- Each Tempest season has a unique smell that echoes the season in which it was made
Grapes are harvested, fermented and distilled to 96% alcohol. The hand-harvested botanicals are seeped in the still in the alcohol for 12 hours. After the botanicals are removed, the gin is distilled with water that dilutes it to 75% alcohol. The heads and tails are discarded and only the heart of the gin is used. The distillate is then reduced with demineralized water to reach a 43% alcohol level.
- Volume: 750ml
- ABV: 43%