Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
Japanese for 'experimental barrels', Jikken Bareru is a range of wines which allow winemakers Margaux Nel and Leon Coetzee to push the boundaries a fair bit, try new things in the cellar and work with grapes that might not make the headlines, but more importantly, make interesting "everyday luxury" drinking wines to share with friends and family. Tinta Barocca is South Africa’s most planted Portuguese grape, but only a mere 200 Ha or so exists, so it's rarer than it should be in our sunny land. These grapes from the Klein Karoo were hand-harvested, crushed into traditional lagar with manual pigéage, pressed and matured in a combination of barrel and tank, then bottled with a light filtration.
- The Fledge & Co Jikken Bareru 2017 Tinta Barocca
- Wonderful ripe red and black hedgerow fruits temper the tannins and uplift the exotic aromatics
- This easy drinking red can be enjoyed with rustic farm fare, fine fromage and charcuterie, your favourite pizza or a great cheese burger
- Wine of origin in the Western Cape
- Volume: 750ml
- ABV: 14%
- Residual sugars: 3.0g/l
- Total acidity: 5.6g/l
- pH: 3.58
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Here's your chance to write the first review for this product.