Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
The Sling Leather Hanging Chair is handmade using genuine leather of the highest quality. The beauty of leather is that each hide has natural markings and features, which means that each piece is unique, with its own personality. As you live with your Sling, the leather will evolve. With the correct care, the appearance of your newly purchased piece will retain its beauty, developing its own character and patina. The hanging mechanisms are supplied with the chair in standard lengths, ready for installation.
- Leather sling chair
- This chair’s clean lines and lightness make it a perfect fit for any space
- Pairing the purity of simple tubular steel with the warmth of natural hide, it has a sleek look and an air of functional elegance
- Each one is handmade with care
- It has a delightful earthy smell from the natural leather — a welcome addition to any room
- Form-fitting comfort, perfect both for indoor and covered outdoor spaces
- Comes with a soft blanket bolster for additional comfort
- Blanket is 100% polyester and can be used as a head rest or blanket
- Made in South Africa
Studio Stirling beautifully crafts hanging swing chairs by hand in South Africa— allowing uniqueness for each piece in some of the pattern detailing due to the variance of craftsmanship. They support one-of-a-kind products that are created by hand, demonstrating the unique skill of the artisan. In a world of homogenised mass production, Studio Stirling chooses slower design and creation of products that require less energy to produce and often last longer, reducing the cycle of waste in our “throw-away” culture.
Delivery in main centres only. View delivery schedule.
Studio Stirling delivers to the following main centres only:
- Cape Town & surrounds
- Beaufort West
- Mossel Bay
- Plettenberg Bay
- Port Elizabeth & surrounds
- East London
- King William's Town
- Dimensions: 100cm L x 100cm W x 50cm H
- Weight: 8kg
- Made in mild steel which provides a strong and durable frame
- Metal treated with rust-proof coating
- Maximum recommended carrying capacity: 120kg
- Equipment provided for installation (see guide below):
- Hanging rope: from chair to hanging point — for standard height concrete ceiling or beam of 2.8 metres high
- Additional rope 1.3 metres in length to go round a standard beam or a tree branch
- Rawl bolt for concrete ceiling
- Specially tensioned spring for a soft sitting experience
- Swivel — so that you can turn your chair once hung to face any direction
- A regular wipe with a soft, damp (never wet) cloth will lift dust from the pores of your leather product, allowing the leather to breathe
- Place in direct sunlight for about 20 minutes if possible
- Wipe with a warm (not hot) clean damp, soft cloth. Do not allow the leather to become wet
- Once completely dry, use a reputable leather hide food, applied to both sides of the leather
- Allow your leather to relax with the hide food for a few minutes, before buffing with a clean, soft cloth
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight for extended periods of time
- Avoid contact with hot liquids
- Avoid contact with strong chemicals eg acetone and methylated spirits
- Never use detergents, soaps, all purpose cleaners or solvents when cleaning as they will harm the leather
- Avoid exposure to damp conditions for extended periods
- Avoid using a wet cloth or any other type of abrasive products
- This product comes with a 1 year warranty
Product Information in PDF Format
How to hang your Studio Stirling Sling