Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
The sculptural Recliner hanging swing chair has elegantly curved lines with a considered balance point. Fluid and organic, it lends itself for use as a functional art piece. Designed for maximum comfort and relaxation, this striking piece works brilliantly inside or outside. Stirling Studio's hanging chairs are handmade — allowing variance and uniqueness in the detail of each chair. They're durable, ergonomic and comfortable, too. The hanging mechanisms are supplied with the chair in standard lengths, ready for installation.
- The Recliner hanging swing chair features elegantly curved lines with a considered balance point
- Fluid and organic, it lends itself for use as a functional art piece
- It is not static, its gentle movement gives a floating, relaxing experience with panoramic views of its surroundings
- The nature-inspired pattern detailing is reminiscent of the veins in leaves, tree branches intersecting, patterns in dragonfly wings and cracked soil
- Designed for maximum comfort and relaxation with a cosy cocoon-like feel
- Ideal for chilling in, reading a book or just hanging out
- Each one is made by hand, and the core frame is standard to ensure consistency in shape and comfort
- They are ideal for inside or outside use and look gorgeous on a deck, patio, hanging from a branch of a tree or anywhere indoors
- Made in South Africa
- Cushions not included
Studio Stirling beautifully crafts hanging swing chairs by hand in South Africa— allowing uniqueness for each piece in some of the pattern detailing due to the variance of craftsmanship. They support one-of-a-kind products that are created by hand, demonstrating the unique skill of the artisan. In a world of homogenised mass production, Studio Stirling chooses slower design and creation of products that require less energy to produce and often last longer, reducing the cycle of waste in our “throw-away” culture.
Delivery in main centres only. View delivery schedule.
Studio Stirling delivers to the following main centres only:
- Cape Town & surrounds
- Beaufort West
- Mossel Bay
- Plettenberg Bay
- Port Elizabeth & surrounds
- East London
- King William's Town
- Dimensions: 72cm L x 172cm W x 124cm H
- Weight: 18kg
- Made in mild steel which provides a strong and durable frame
- Metal treated with rust-proof coating
- Maximum recommended carrying capacity: 120kg
- Equipment provided for installation (see guide below):
- Hanging rope: from chair to hanging point — for standard height concrete ceiling or beam of 2.8 metres high
- Additional rope 1.3 metres in length to go round a standard beam or a tree branch
- Rawl bolt for concrete ceiling
- Specially tensioned spring for a soft sitting experience
- Swivel — so that you can turn your chair once hung to face any direction
- If dusty, use a damp soft cloth to wipe your chair
- You can also use a soft cloth with dishwashing liquid for slightly tougher dirt (for example, bird droppings if your chair lives outside)
- A soft cloth with some methylated spirits can also be used
- Avoid using any type of abrasive product
- This product comes with a 1 year warranty
Product Information in PDF Format
How to hang your Studio Stirling chair