Zingy Thai beef salad
Ingredients (for one large salad):
400g beef sirloin or fillet, sealed and thinly sliced
2 carrots, peeled and julienned
1 cucumber, julienned
2 cups glass noodles, cooked and cooled
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup bean sprouts
A handful of fresh coriander
A handful of fresh mint
A handful of fresh basil
2 red chillies, de-seeded and chopped
4 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 cup Thai dressing
Ingredients for the thai dressing:
3 tbsp tamarind concentrate
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/3 cup fish sauce
1/4 cup grated palm sugar
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup coriander, finely chopped
1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1. Start by making your dressing. Place all the ingredients in a screw-top jar. Secure the lid and shake well until combined and the sugar has dissolved. It will keep refrigerated for one week.
2. Using a grill pan, sear your beef. Be careful not to overcook it.
3. Thinly slice the beef.
4. Julienne your carrots and cucumber.
5. Add the noodles, tomatoes, chillies and beef.
6. And finish with the bean sprouts, spring onions and herbs.
Drizzle with your dressing and there you have it – a summery salad with a kick. Download printable PDF.
Keep your eyes peeled on this Spatula-shaped space for more summery recipes.
You might also like to try: strawberry, peanut brittle, avo and goats’ cheese salad and for more salad dressing ideas, check these out.
Browse all salad tools on Yuppiechef.com