Zesty gin and tonic sorbet
Ingredients (makes approximately 1 litre):
½ cup water
½ cup sugar
2 limes, zested and juiced
2½ cups tonic water
½ cup gin
Ice cream maker: to make this sorbet we used the Krups Ice Cream Maker. It is possible to make this frozen dessert without an ice cream maker – see note below – but it does require more patience and the texture will not be as smooth.
1. In a saucepan, make a simple syrup by heating your water and sugar until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Take off the heat and add lime zest and juice.
3. Allow to cool. Once cooled, add tonic water and gin.
4. Strain this liquid.
5. Pour the strained liquid into the bowl of your ice cream machine. Follow your machine’s directions to freeze the sorbet.
Note: If you don’t have an ice cream machine, freeze your liquid. If it goes rock hard and has too many hard crystals, give it a blitz in a food processor and freeze again.
6. Store in a freezer-proof container in the freezer to fully harden.
This sorbet smacks of summer. Dish your sorbet out into bowls or up the presentation by serving it in these stylish Martini glasses, garnished with a thin slice of lime. Salut!