Tools and recipes to inspire a health kick
1. Healthy breakfasts
It’s been repeated ad nauseam but the fact is that healthy breakfasts are the best way to give your body the strength and energy it needs to carry you successfully through frenzied days. Try these three easy additions to your morning routine and you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to neglect your snack drawer.
- Learn how to make granola.
- Learn how to make your own Bircher muesli.
- See how to dry your own fruit with the Mellerware Biltong King & Food Dehydrator .
Juicing holds all sorts of health benefits from giving your body a much needed cleanse to upping the ante on your immune system. Need more reasons to shout out about it? Here’s what you need.
- Check out the Oscar juicer.
- For a mood lifter and energy tonic make beetroot, carrot and orange juice.
- For a super morning start try the zesty apple and ginger juice.
A great breakfast alternative or drink for people on the go, smoothie-making is a good habit to add to your daily routine. They are quicker than a green traffic light to make and you can jam them full of nutritious fruits and yoghurt.
4. Steamy goodness
Steaming your foods has plenty of perks. You’re not using any fats to cook your food in, your veggies retain more nutrition, they cook faster and taste fresher plus your steamer requires minimal cleaning versus a sticky pan or oven tray. So where do you start?
- Check out this nifty steam case from Lékué.
- Check out this quick and tasty cous cous salad.
- Asian chicken in 10 minutes? You bet.
Ah salads, the heroes of healthy eating. If you’re wanting to increase your intake of these food gems but are tired of all the prep consider these fruit and veg slicing innovations. Just what the kitchen doctor ordered.
- Check out how the Gefu Spiralfix works.
- Try this beetroot, apple and feta salad made with the Gefu Spiralfix.
- Heard of the de Buyer Kobra Complete Mandoline Slicer? Here’s how it works.
- Try this winning waldorf salad.
- A fruit salad champion, covered in honeycomb.
- Here’s a fantastic coleslaw recipe.
Here’s to healthy eating and the odd chocolate pudding. We hope this ensemble of tools and recipes indeed inspires your new year.