Spinach tagliatelle with butternut, sage and mushroom
Ingredients (serves 4):
500g spinach tagliatelle. Find out how to make homemade pasta.
1/2 cup butter
3 cups of cubed butternut
250g mixed mushrooms
1 1/2 tbsp fresh sage
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the fresh pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente. This will only take a couple of minutes. Reserve a cup of the starchy water, then drain.
2. Add 1/4 cup of butter to a saucepan on a medium heat. Add in the butternut and cook until tender for about 8 minutes.
3. Add in the mushrooms, sage and remaining 1/4 cup of butter and sauté until the mushrooms are soft and tender. This will take approximately 6 minutes.
4. Stir in half of the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add the pasta to the saucepan, tossing to coat evenly. If the sauce is too thick add some of the reserved water.
6. Serve and dress with the remaining cheese.
And there we have it. Happy pasta making.