Roast beef flatbreads
Ingredients (makes 1 large flatbread):
250g (approx. 6) baby onions
Drizzle of olive oil
1 large pizza base – you can buy this from a supermarket or local pizzeria or you can use pita breads.
4 Tbsp crème fraîche
4 Tbsp horseradish sauce
80g mozzarella cheese, grated
1 steak (rib eye or rump)
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
2. Peel and cut the onions in halves or quarters. Place on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes to an hour until caramelized and softened.
4. Mix together the crème fraiche and horseradish sauce, season well. Spread over the pizza base and top with onions and mozzarella. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes.
5. Heat a griddle pan or saucepan to medium heat. Fry off the steak to medium/medium rare (depending on how you like it). Allow the meat to rest whilst the flatbread bakes.
6. Once the cheese has melted and the base is looking crispy, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
7. Slice the steak and place on top of the flatbread. Garnish with herbs and slice to serve.
With an assortment of other snacks, these beefy bites will go down a treat.
With thanks to Jules Mercer for her beautiful recipes and styling.