Review: Master Class Biscuit and Icing Set
This trigger action, stainless steel biscuit and icing gun comes with a wide variety of attachments for different biscuit shapes and piped icing. It’s extremely easy and fun to use and will have you turning out impressive biscuits in minutes.
How to use it to make fancy biscuits:
300g butter, softened
1. Make your biscuits by creaming together the butter, sugar and eggs. Mix these together well and then add half the flour. Using your hands, keep mixing and adding flour until the dough is no longer sticky.
2. Now for the fun part. Keep the stainless steel tube secured in the handle of the gun. Open the top nozzle and feed your dough into the tube.
3. Insert the desired biscuit cutter into the ring and place onto the tube.
4. Before you begin, squeeze the trigger so that the dough is against the cutter.
5. Place the ring against a greased baking tray and squeeze once. You should feel the mechanism click as you do this.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven (180˚C) for approximately 15 minutes and allow to cool before munching.
If your dough is too sticky, it will not release properly. In this case, add more flour to your mixture.
How to use the icing gun to decorate cakes:
1. Use butter cream frosting or royal icing. If using fondant, soften it with a little water first
2. Fill the stainless steel tube with the icing.
3. Hold the gun over your cake and squeeze the trigger slowly. You can also hold the metal release device down, squeezing the icing out more gently.
Try out different nozzles for different effects and with a little practice you’ll soon be producing professional-looking cookies and cakes.
The Master Class Biscuit and Icing Set comes with:
- 1 x heavy duty, easy to use icing gun with an adjustable trigger action nozzle
- 8 x stainless steel nozzles
- 13 x stainless steel biscuit cutter templates