Real hot chocolate with whiskey stout
Makes: 3–4 cups | Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 10–15 minutes
1 cup double cream
¼ cup full cream milk
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp brown sugar
150 g dark chocolate, chopped finely (70 % Lindt or NoMU decadent chocolate chips are both great options)
1 cup Innis & Gunn whiskey stout (for a beer free version just replace this cup with full cream milk)
Small handful of roasted cashews, crushed
A pinch of dried chillies, crushed
1. In a medium size pot over a medium heat, add the cream, milk, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla.
2. Whisk to combine and when it starts to get warm, add the chocolate.
3. Continue whisking as the chocolate melts.
4. Once completely combined, add the stout and continue whisking slowly until the mixture begins to reach boiling point.
5. Remove the pot from the heat.
6. Add some crushed nuts to the bottom on your glass and then pour the hot chocolate inside.
7. Top with a sprinkle of crushed chillies, and bask in the glory of real hot chocolate.
What’s the craziest, most decadent thing you’ve made with chocolate?