Easy dinner: quick crispy fish with roasted tomatoes
Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 15–20 mins | Serves: 4–6
800g flesh of fresh, firm white fish (we used angel fish)
1 punnet cherry tomatoes
Drizzle of olive oil
Handful of fresh dill
4 gherkins, sliced
1 lemon, cut into wedges, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Cut the fish into 4–6 portions depending on your preferred size.
3. Place the tomatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pop them in the oven to cook for 10 minutes.
4. While those are bursting with flavour, heat the butter in a pan on high and fry the fish pieces for a few minutes on each side. Aim to undercook the fish slightly.
5. Remove the tomatoes from the oven, stick the fish on the tray with the tomatoes and pour over the burnt butter from the frying pan.
Let your fish sit for a few minutes so that it can absorb more of the buttery goodness before topping it with the freshly sliced gherkins and dill before serving. A lemon wedge or two never hurt.
Served with a spoon of cauli mash this is one deliciously healthy weeknight dinner, and it’s a quick trick.
It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to pull this one off with flair and it also makes for a stunning entertainer’s dish too. Grab a couple bottles of Sauvignon Blanc to really bring out the flavour and more importantly, interesting stories from your guests. They can buy your silence by cooking the next meal – but you didn’t get that idea from us.