Pulled pork mini burgers
For the pork
2kg pork, leg or shoulder
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 carrots, julienned
2 spring onions, julienned
Micro salad leaves, to serve
Mini rolls, to serve
1 Tbsp salt
1 tsp red chilli flakes
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
⅛ tsp coriander
⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
1 large onion, finely chopped
You can also use the NoMU Spanish, BBQ or Roast rubs.
1. The day before cooking the meat, make the spice mix by combining all of the spice mix ingredients. You can also use the Spanish, BBQ or Roast rubs from NoMU as these contain similar flavour profiles.
2. Cut the meat into manageable pieces and rub them with the onion and spices. Then wrap the meat and refrigerate overnight.
3. Brown the roast on all sides in a pre-heated pressure cooker with the lid off, then add enough water to almost cover the meat. You’ll need about 2–3 cups. Close and lock the lid.
4. Turn the heat up to high and when the cooker reaches pressure, lower the heat to the minimum needed to maintain pressure. Cook for 45 minutes.
5. Open with the ‘natural release’ method. Take the pressure cooker off the heat and wait for the pressure to come down on its own (about 10 minutes).
6. Pull out the meat and place on a platter and then begin pulling the flesh into strips using two forks.
7. In a pre-heated pan add the vegetable oil and fry the shredded pork until it becomes lightly brown. For extra spice, add a dash of El Burro Mild Chilli Sauce.
Fill your rolls with the pulled pork, garnish with micro greens and julienned veg and serve either hot or cold.
And there you have it, some excellent party food, so why not have a winter get together and serve some meaty goodness?