Popping candy cupcakes
Feeling nostalgic? Take a trip down memory lane with these cracker popping candy cupcakes. Made with Texturas Popping Candy, this baking ingredient might not be the first that comes to mind but it sure complements this recipe for classic cupcakes in the best way. Recreate those childhood memories and try our classic cupcake recipe with a touch of crazy.
Makes 12 cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
125g caster sugar
125g self raising flour
5 drops NoMU vanilla extract
3 Tbsp of milk
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Mix all the ingredients in a food processor until well combined and bake for 15–20 minutes or until the cupcakes have risen and are just firm to the touch in the centre.
2. Pop them into your chosen cupcake casings and leave to cool. We used these lovely lace Ginger Ray cupcake casings for a vintage touch.
2. To make the icing, cream the butter with a mixer until soft. Gradually add the icing sugar in three parts until it is completely incorporated. Add a little warm water if the icing becomes too stiff.
3. If you would like a vanilla flavour to your icing, add a few drops now.
4. Pipe the icing onto the cupcakes once they have cooled completely.
5. Then add a generous sprinkle of popping candy to the top of the cupcakes to finish.
This sweet, popping treat is sure to make you feel just like a candy-loving kid again.
In the mood for a cupcake spread? Find more cupcake recipes here.
Thanks to our Food Buyer, Rina Van Velden, for the recipe and styling