Pistachio dukkah and shish taouk
Ingredients for pistachio dukkah
Makes: 1 cup | Prep time: 20 minutes
1. Place all ingredients in a small roasting pan and toast over low heat for a few minutes.
2. Remove from heat and add in the sugar and a dash of salt and pepper.
3. Keep in a sealed jar in the refrigerator.
‘Dukkah can be eaten with olive oil and bread. I love to generously spoon it over homemade labneh and eat it with soft bread.’ – Yasmin Kharwa
Ingredients for shish taouk
Prep time: Overnight marinating | Cook time: 15 min
500g chicken strips
2 tsp sumac
¼ tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp ground cumin
Dash of cinnamon
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 tsp honey
Juice of ½ lemon
1 Tbsp garlic flavoured olive oil
1. Marinate chicken with all the above ingredients preferably overnight or for a few hours.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and cook the strips until tender and soft.
3. Serve immediately with toasted pitas and hummus.
These spiced chicken strips are mild in spice and full of flavour and will soon become a family favourite of yours as well. They are so simple to prepare and make a perfect quick lunch or dinner.
Special thanks to Yasmin Kharwa for sharing her recipes