Pea, mint and crispy bacon soup
If a Vitamix is still on your wish list, simply place all the ingredients into a pot over a medium heat. Heat through for a few minutes and then blend with a stick blender. Garnish the same way and enjoy the green goodness.
1 garlic clove
2 cups green peas – fresh or frozen
¼ cup fresh mint leaves
2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
Salt and pepper, to taste
250g fried bacon pieces, to serve
¼ cup peas, to serve
A few mint leaves, to serve
1. Place all of the ingredients, except the bacon and some of the peas that you will use to garnish, into the Vitamix and put on the lid.
2. Select variable 1 and turn the machine on, slowly increasing the speed to variable 10, then to high.
3. Keep the machine working its magic for approximately 5 minutes, until the jug feels warm and steam escapes from the lid.
4. Reduce the speed and then turn off the machine completely.
5. Serve warm, topped with crispy bacon, a few extra peas and some fresh mint leaves.