A nearly no bake Oreo and Nutella cheesecake
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 15 mins + chilling time | Makes 1 large cheesecake
For the crust
170g (1 packet) Oreo biscuits
80g butter, melted
30g desiccated coconut
For the filling
2 tubs (250g each) cream cheese, at room temperature
100g icing sugar or 3 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp cornflour
1 Tbsp vanilla extract, or use seeds of ½ a vanilla pod, scraped
1 tub (250ml) cream
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
3 Tbsp Nutella
Seasonal berries, to serve
1. To make the crust bash the biscuits in a plastic bag with a rolling pin, or place in a food processor and pulse to crush to the texture of fine rubble.
2. Add the butter and desiccated coconut and blend again (or mix in a bowl). Pour this mixture onto a lined or greased 20 cm springform cake tin.
3. Press down to create a firm base. Place in the fridge for 30 mins to set. We know you really just want to scoop it out by the spoonful, but your patience will pay off on this one.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
5. For the filling, beat the cream cheese with the icing sugar or honey, cornflour and vanilla.
6. Beat the cream until thick then stir in the lemon juice and zest.
7. Fold the cream with lemon into the cream cheese mixture.
8. Pour the mixture onto your chilled Oreo cheesecake base.
9. Now for the spoon licking bit. Scoop the Nutella over the top of your cream cheese mixture and, using a fork, swirl the two flavours together. Don’t over mix this. You want to maintain the beautiful marbled appearance, like a typical German marble cake.
10. Pop the cheesecake in the oven for 15–20 minutes until just slightly puffy and risen, the centre will still be wobbly. Remove and allow to cool completely before placing in the fridge to chill and set.
To serve, top the cheesecake with seasonal berries and serve cold.