Minichefs: mango smoothies
Full cream flavoured yoghurt
Hundreds and thousands
A bit of honey
Making the smoothies (download printable version of this recipe)
1. Chop half a mango and half a banana
2. Place in blender jar
3. Add 100ml yoghurt
4. Add mango juice until required consistency
5. Blend until smooth
6. Smear a small amount of honey around the inside rim of a glass.
7. Invert the glass and dip in a bowl of hundreds and thousands.
8. Pour the smoothie into the glass, add a straw and enjoy!
Another exciting idea, is to chop and freeze banana slices with mango juice in ice cube trays for a couple of hours and then add these to the smoothie mix before blending. It gives the smoothies a more icy and ice-creamy consistency.
If you have leftover smoothie mix, add some juice and make mango lollies (in an ice tray if you don’t have lolly moulds). The addition of the rainbow-rim makes them very pretty and adds a sense of victory to the final product (which in this case were consumed with glee on the jungle gym).