Homemade shortbread fingers
Prep time: 30 minutes | Chill time: 30 minutes | Baking time: 45 minutes
500g plain flour
1 cup corn flour
1 cup icing sugar
Extra icing sugar, for dusting
1. Grease a baking tin and set aside.
2. Cut the butter into smaller cubes with a sharp knife and place the butter in a bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add the sugar, then beat on low speed until combined, next add in the flour and mix further – the mixture should resemble fine breadcrumbs.
4. Press into the prepared tin, flattening by pressing the top with a piece of baking paper. Prick all over with a fork. If you like, make criss-cross patterns. Cover and chill for 30 minutes. You can preheat the oven so long at 180°C.
5. Bake your shortbread at 180°C for 15 minutes. Turn down the oven to 150°C and bake for a further 30 minutes. When they’re done, take the shortbread out of the oven and cut while still warm.
6. Dust your shortbread fingers with the icing sugar once cool.
Who are you going to share these shortbread squares with?